Exoskeletons for the transportation industry:
Railways, rolling stock, trams, metros & buses
The transport sector, mainly the rail & rolling stock industry, faces the same challenges as other industries: an aging workforce and a lack of skilled workers. Work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSD) are a major cause of lost workdays and one of the greatest burdens on the global economy when measured by compensation costs, lost wages, and lost productivity. Did you know that musculoskeletal traumas are responsible for 33% of workers’ injury cases in the US?
Our portfolio of exoskeletons offers various innovative devices to keep workers healthy in this particular industry and focuses on supporting, e.g., electricians, welding, and maintenance technicians. We develop state-of-the-art technology solutions that help people protect their health over the long term as they carry out their demanding everyday working routines.
Overhead work redefined
The focus here is on our Shoulder systems, the exoskeletons for overhead work and work on or above-shoulder height. The personal assistive system, which is worn on the body, supports employees globally on the assembly line but also during the maintenance intervals in all kinds of transport-related industries, such as rail, rolling stock, busses, metros and trams. Using exoskeletons reduces physical strain and protects the musculoskeletal system. This is also confirmed in several studies and analyses.
Have a look at the different applications below and ask us about your specific use case!
Our Shoulder exoskeletons support employees globally in all kinds of transport-related industries, such as rail, rolling stock, buses, metros and trams. They are used during manufacturing projects but also maintenance intervals, for example:
- Underbody work, e.g. bogie overhaul, engine repairs or paint work
- Breaks exchange
- Mechanical installations & Mounting: e.g. underbody/ underframe, pipes, traction looming, structural assembly
- Electrical installations: either within the cars, at doors or ceiling level and underneath the covers
- Maintenance/ change of doors or air flow systems
- Paint shop (sanding/ pretreating the surface, painting)
- Welding of metallic framework + grinding of welding structures
- Foil application inside waggons, ceiling, walls and stairs
Our innovative solutions, based on orthopedic expertise, are suitable for almost any industry.
Selected use cases from 1000+ successful customer projects: